Due to a water main break on Tuesday near the Hoboken PATH station, traffic will be redirected for the morning commute on Wednesday, August 29. Please observe the following changes:
- Traffic will be closed along Observer Highway east of Washington Street (except for NJ Transit buses accessing the bus terminal).
- Officers will be stationed along Observer Highway to determine if traffic needs to be rerouted up Bloomfield or Park, as volume dictates.
- Hudson Street will be closed at Newark.
- Hudson Place will be closed to cars.
- River Street will be closed from Hudson to Newark.
- Parking will be prohibited on the eastbound side of Observer Highway up to Willow Ave (open only to drop-offs by buses, shuttles, taxis, and ride shares).
- Taxis will have a staging area on Washington Street north to Newark Street.
- Pedestrians are urged to access the transit terminal via River Street.
Officials will reassess the plan every hour throughout the morning. An evening rush hour plan will be announced on Wednesday.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation.