The moment the ladies of the Mile Square were waiting for has arrived as the Sephora Studio opened its doors on April 27th.
Sephora Studio is Sephora’s new experiential retail concept store created to provide a highly-customized shopping experience and foster personal connections between its store Cast Members and clients. At the Studio, clients can expect a carefully-curated product assortment, store beauty advisors with the highest level of Sephora training and certification, along with a variety of high-tech digital tools that enhance the client’s experience before, during and after their store visit.
With Hoboken being the second Studio location in the country, the first ever Sephora Studio launched on Newbury Street in Boston on July 2017. An area such as Hoboken offers a unique shopping environment where this small format and intimate neighborhood feeling makes sense.
“As we look back at our 20 years in the retail landscape, one thing has remained true for SEPHORA: there is no better way to create meaningful connections with clients than through personalized experiences and a customized approach to beauty,” said Mary Beth Laughton, Executive Vice President of U.S. Omni Retail at Sephora. “ We could not be more focused on that notion than we are with the introduction of our new SEPHORA Studios.”
The Sephora Studio will offer an all-inclusive menu with the latest as well as classic offerings in order to meet every client’s particular needs throughout their visit. Services at the studio will consist of:
- Digital Makeover Guide – Sephora’s first interactive face chart which is a record of the specific service clients received, combined and customized product and application tips – connecting her experience in-store to her personal beauty journey at home
- Digital Skincare Guide – sends a personalized skincare regimen to the client after a skincare consultation or mini facial
- Beauty Studio Check-In – an online reservation tool to check clients in for services + classes
- Sephora Client App – Beauty Advisors can reference the app to quickly service clients, check Beauty Insider status and Sephora.com ratings and reviews on any product throughout the store
- Mobile Point of Sale—provides clients easy and convenient check-out in-store, in addition to a cash wrap
- Digital components throughout the store that make beauty personal for the client:
- Digital screens located at the entrance that offers easy navigation and self-help for clients
- Moisture Meter to measure the hydration level of the skin for personalized skin care consultations
- Color IQ for scientifically-precise foundation, lip, and concealer shade matching
- Sephora Virtual Artist augmented technology that allows users to virtually try-on thousands of lipstick, cheek, concealer and false lash options using 3D imaging on the clients’ own face
- Online reservation iPads for client check-in and appointment scheduling for services/classes
- Elevated service offerings at the Beauty Studio with eight seats and four sinks, including:
- 15 Minute Mini Makeovers + Facials
- 45 Minute Custom Makeovers
- 75 Minute Custom Makeover Plus
- Beauty Classes – take a group class with all your friends and learn the latest tips, tricks, and techniques
- Studio Concierge – matches the client with the appropriate consultant based on beauty need
“We look forward to bringing the Sephora Studio to more neighborhoods across the United States this year including, Brooklyn, Los Angeles, and Washington D.C.,” said Laughton.
Interested in working at the Sephora Studio on Washington Street? Stop by the Studio or visit Sephora.com to inquire about available positions.